Who is Pause for?
If you are under 25 and registered with a GP in Birmingham, you can receive support from Pause. We also provide support for parents and carers who are concerned about their child or young person’s wellbeing.
Our service is currently experiencing high levels of demand which may result in a longer delay in us providing a session. However we will always offer you the next available session.
Pause Christmas Opening Hours
Please note that we won't be operating arranged Face to Face drop-ins during these periods.
Monday 20 December 2021 - 10am till 6pm
Tuesday 21 December 2021 - 12pm till 8pm
Wednesday 22 December 2021 - 10am till 6pm
Thursday 23 December 2021 - 10am till 6pm
Friday 24 December 2021 - 11am till 4pm
Saturday 25 December 2021 - CLOSED
Sunday 26 December 2021 - CLOSED
Monday 27 December 2021 - CLOSED
Tuesday 28 December 2021 - 11am till 4pm
Wednesday 29 December 2021 - 10am till 5pm
Thursday 30 December 2021 - 11am till 4pm
Saturday 1 January 2022 - CLOSED
Sunday 2 January 2022 - CLOSED
Monday 3 January 2022 - 11am till 4pm
Tuesday 4 January 2022 - 12pm till 8pm
Normal operating hours will continue from Wednesday 5 January 2022 onwards.
What can Pause help with?
Anything relating to emotional wellbeing. But what is emotional wellbeing?! In simple terms, it is emotional health & happiness.
When we are emotionally healthy we:
- Function in society , whether that is at school, college, uni or at work, or when we are with friends and family;
- Cope with life’s challenges by drawing on our strengths;
- Understand and manage our emotions , expressing them in appropriate ways;
- Accept ourselves and show acceptance of others.
Our team is made up of experienced wellbeing practitioners & wellbeing volunteers who will take the time to listen to whatever it is that is troubling you.
- We can recommend strategies and techniques that aim to make life easier – for example, how to manage a panic attack, how to improve sleep or how best to communicate with family and friends etc.
- We will give practical suggestions and advice – this might be suggesting you to look at a website or to contact another service.
- We can provide a listening ear if you have something you want to get off your chest.
- We won’t assess or diagnose any conditions.
- We won’t automatically make referrals into other services.
- We won’t necessarily have to tell anyone that you have spoken to Pause.
(There may be times where we feel we need to speak to other people, services or agencies. We will try and speak to you about this before we do.)
Our aim is to help you boost your resilience as well as develop coping skills for when life presents challenges.
You can also register by leaving a message on our registration line: 020 784 14470 (please note local call charges do apply), one of the team will call you back and get you signed up for support.
Once you have registered or if you are returning to us or requesting another session, we will get back in touch with you as soon as we can.
- We are not an emergency service – if there is any risk to life please contact the emergency services.
- The service does not run on Sundays or Bank Holidays, therefore we will not respond during these times.
- Due to lockdown restrictions we are supporting people over the phone at the moment, our Digbeth hub is closed.
- We will update this site when we are able to operate face to face drop-ins again.
- We are led by you – the young person - we don’t book you in for regular sessions. It’s your choice when you contact us for support and how often – we are here when you want to talk.
Not ready to talk?
You might find our A-Z Resource Vault helpful with any issues you may be experiencing.
Pause opening times
Our service hours are: 10am-6pm Monday to Friday, 10am-5pm Saturdays – we are closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Drop in sessions are currently suspended, we are available via phone and video call – request a session below.